I am Murray Ewing, and this is my blog, Mewsings. It’s not focused on one particular topic. The rule with Mewsings is I write about what interests me — mostly books, films, TV, and music; and mostly fantasy, horror, and science fiction, though with other genres thrown in. Have a look at the Archive index or the Subject index to get a better idea.
If you want suggestions, though, why not try these:
- My thoughts on what makes a damned good read, and what books do best…
- My read-through of Alan Garner’s novels, roughly in order
- My pieces on John Wyndham: The Day of the Triffids and The Kraken Wakes, The Chrysalids and The Midwich Cuckoos, and John Wyndham and the Catastrophe of Cosiness.
- Two of my favourite films: Cat People and I Walked With a Zombie, and two related films, Cat Girl and Curse of the Cat People.
- My thoughts on Pan’s Labyrinth
- Posts on some of my favourite authors, such as David Lindsay and Ramsey Campbell.
If you’re in an exploring mood, you can find out about my various creative projects on the main part of this site, murrayewing.co.uk.
You can also find me at Goodreads.
Mewsings mostly uses cover images, etc., either scanned in by myself or nicked, in the traditional way, from the internet. If I’ve nicked one of your images and you’d rather I hadn’t, let me know and I’ll take it down immediately.
You’ll find some images on this blog drawn by me. They’re usually signed MJE. If you want to use one of these on your blog, you’re welcome to do so, though I’d appreciate a credit or link. Similarly, you can use these images in presentations and so on — any non-commercial use is fine. If you want to use an image commercially, please contact me. I’ll most likely say yes, and can even provide you with better quality source files, too!